ISLAM ONLINE FORUM
Are you a new user, please log in here
Latest topics
Advertise here
Place advert here at cheapest rate
free traffic
scholarship, international scholarship for africans, free education, postgraduate scholarship, undergraduate scholarship

How Well Do You Know Yourself??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Well Do You Know Yourself??

Post  asheque on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 am

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

In my own case, I realized (albeit a year or two back) that my eating pattern was quite different from what I believed it to be. For a long while I was under the impression that I would overeat when I was in a normal/happy mood..however, it turns out that I am prone to overeating when I am depressed/dejected.

Let's suppose a scale of 1 through 10, with 1 being "utterly broken" and 10 being "on a real high" -- I would then say that at 1 and 2 I would be starving myself, 3-5 I would be overeating, and 6-10 I would be eating "normally".

Why I believe this is important (at least to me) is that it made me realize that I am not in tune with my own self, which basically translates into having no idea even about my own personality, and makes me wonder how much of one's life (= acts/beliefs/choices) is based on an incorrect perception of the self.

....so how well do you suppose that you know yourself?

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,
la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi
there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;
there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

asheque

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Well Do You Know Yourself??

Post  gee and tee on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:01 pm

If you are hungry ...eat. if you are thirsty...drink. if you are fat you are lazy...fact. One life, enjoy.

gee and tee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Taabuu on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:02 am

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,
la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi
there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;
there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

thank a lot for sharing this dua. Smile 

Taabuu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum